On 3 March 1655 Pfalzgraf Philip von Sulzbach, received a license for forming of a reiter regiment with 9 companies of 70-80 reiters each. With the decision of King Carl X Gustav the unit was granted the title of royal horse guards, probably in order to encourage volunteers to join it. However the guard rank did not go with any other privileges, the regiment remained a line unit, often used during the war. The king's reiters – as the regiment was generally called – were a part of the Swedish army at Ujście, they took part in the battles at Żarnów, Gniezno, Warszawa (where they faced a winged hussars charge), Filipów and in sieges of Kraków, Malbork and Gdańsk. In 1657 the regiment was sent to Denmark where it served until the end of the war.
Philip von Sulzbach's base
1 standard bearer
3 companies of armored veteran reiters
2 companies of veteran reiters with arquebuses
12 reiters with arquebuses
3 metal spears
13 3x4cm bases
Swedish command banners setModels supplied unassembled and unpainted.